Sunday, August 21, 2011

30 Days in the Raw - Back on!

As I mentioned in my last post, my adventure in the raw was postponed. I restarted yesterday and this time I'm ready to embrace this journey! Part of the breakdown last week was due to lack of preparation but after a visit to my local Henry's, I was armed and ready for the latter part of last week. While my eating habits left much to be desired last week, I still managed to lose 1 lb (yay!) so I am thankful that my overeating didn't completely derail me. I will have to make a grocery trip today for the next couple of days.

Last week I did something I have never done before - I ate an entire raw tomato by itself! That's huge for a self-proclaimed tomato-hater. It was an heirloom variety and delicious!

Bolstered by my new-found love, I made this wonderful mango salsa. Mangoes are perfect in savory dishes.
Made with one Cherokee heirloom tomato, red onions, chipotle flakes, cilantro, lime and of course, mango!
My supply of tomatoes ran out so the next day I made the same dish without them. Just as delicious!


Sunday errands, cleaning and more packing await so I'm off. What are your plans for today?

- Kareen, RD


No comments: