Monday, December 7, 2009

Go Heavy or Go Home!!!

Started month 2 of ChaLEAN Extreme: The Push Phase.

Before continuing I'm going to take a moment and praise me! This is the longest I've ever stuck with a program and I'm proud of me *pats self on back*

So okay back to our regularly scheduled blog.

I completed Push Circuit 1 tonight and it was honestly exhilarating. The Burn Phase was adjusting to lifting and lifting moderate weights for 10 to 12 reps. Push Phase is all about lifting heavy for 6 to 8 reps.

To my female friends... don't be afraid of lifting weights. We cannot put on mass at the same rate at men...unless you're taking steroids or testosterone. Muscle on females makes us tight and toned! Muscle is unisex: looks great on both men and women. Don't limit yourself to 5 and 8 lb weights. Push! Okay, I'm off my soapbox.

I can't wait for my outside to match how I feel on the inside!

Decide. Commit. Succeed.

- Kareen, RD

**I just want to add that you should move at your own pace. Always be responsible with any workout (cardio or weights). Going heavy for me is a couple of reps at 12 or 15 lbs before returning to the 8 and 10 lbs. I know for many that's not heavy but for me it is and it's progress! My sentiments above indicate that you shouldn't limit yourself out of fear. Don't let myths hold you back. Investigate, research and make a decision based on what you've discovered. Then move forward with confidence! Let your inner light shine**

No comments: