I forget that weight loss is a journey and even when you have a map, you can still get lost. The weight is not coming off in the amount I expected and then, I saw myself on video Thanksgiving Day.
Well, that was depressing.
I FEEL different but I LOOK the same. I'm stronger, my clothes are much looser, and my body is changing and I thought it was more visible. It's not. To everyone else, I'm. . . fat. As much as I fought the negative thoughts, it was a demoralizing realization.
And then I fell into my usual pattern. Actually, I walked into it and I didn't put up a fight.
Overeating is a viscious cycle. I eat to ease my frustration but instead it grows to guilt and then I eat to ease the guilt but instead. . . you get the idea.
I've gotten out my negative headspace, identified lessons learned and have a plan of action.
1. Document my long-term goals: They're in my head but not on paper.
2. Document my weekly workout and eating goals: Fail to plan; Plan to fail.
3. Document my progress: For a minute I lost the forest for the trees. I have a lot of weight to lose but I have actually lost weight.
4. Document a plan for each special event to prevent overeating and missed workouts.
Let's get started!
The GOAL and PROGRESS
Height: 5'1-1/2" (that 1/2" counts!)
Starting Weight: 159.4 (10/23/09)
W1: 157.4 (10/30/09) -2 yay!
W2: 156.4 (11/6/09) -1 yay!
W3: 158.0 (11/13/09) +1.6 boo!
W4: 157.0 (11/20/09) -1 yay!
W5: 156.8 (11/25/09) -0.2 yay!
Goal Weight: A STRONG 115 (4/3/2010) for our 5 year wedding anniversary in May!
It's a living document. I'm open to suggestions on ways to splurge!
-5 lb = Mani & Pedi!
- 10 lb = Thinksport water bottle!
- 15 lb =
- 20 lb = Shoes!
- 25 lb =
- 30 lb = 1 hour massage!
- 35 lb =
- 40 lb =
- 44 lb = Anniversary outfit (dress, purse, shoes, accessories. . . all of it!!)
Writing this post was extremely motivating. I am going to make it . . . there is no other option!
Decide. Commit. Succeed.
- Kareen, RD
Join me on my journey: