Monday, November 16, 2009

Weekend in Review

ChaLEAN Extreme Days 6, 7 & 8 . . . and other tidbits.

Day 6 was a rest day. Hubby and I went for an easy hike with friends Saturday afternoon.

After a rest day, I had a hard time getting into gear Sunday. I did Push Play around noon for Day 7's Burn it Off. Great high intensity workout. . . I LOVE burpees! Only made it halfway through the Recharge DVD (aka stretching aka Yoga). Not a big fan of Yoga but I do love to stretch so the first part was great.

Later that evening I thought it would be a great idea to take "before" pics. The situation was even more dire than expected. Even though I see myself in the mirror daily, the pictures underscored the truth: I've abused food and my body was literally suffering. It's painful to acknowledge.

The good news? Those pictures already no longer represent me! I've already changed and I'm never returning to that person who didn't care enough to stop. I'm not yet brave enough to post these motivating pics but one day I will.

I ended Sunday with a 30 min walk/run with my hubby. He's a great partner in health!

Started this morning bright and early Pushing Play on Day 8: Burn Circuit 1. Did five more "real" push-ups than last week. Already feeling stronger. These 90 days are going to fly by!

Looking forward to lifting heavier. Did I mention, I love lifting heavy? And ladies, you won't bulk up. I'll prove it in a couple of months. Chalene says it perfectly: muscle is unisex - it's sexy on both men and women. It's the fountain of youth!

Alright, I'm off to bed 30 mins earlier as I promised myself.

Bring it!

- k

No comments: