Thursday, July 1, 2010

New York City!

It's been almost a week since I returned from NYC. Even though it was a business trip with my boss, I had a good time. A solid good time.

NYC is smelly, crowded with aggressive people BUT the energy was palpable and invigorating! There's no place like NYC. I was inspired to create a new blog, Loczurious; I wrote several blog updates; and created a new summer exercise program.

Yet, with all that positive energy flowing one little nagging thought kept rearing itself: I wonder how many more adventures will be marred by my weight? It's the truth. Extra weight always reminds you of its presence. Whether it's catching a glimpse of yourself in a store window or trying on clothes in a fancy store where nothing fits or. . . you get the point. It's just there.

I'm confident that I will lose the weight but I'm not going to wonder when anymore. I'm doing it now.

Cliched as it sounds, my quest is beyond vanity at this point. I need to get healthy. I lose my breath when I'm walking and talking on the phone at the same time. I mean regular paced walking. I won't even mention the hot mess that is climbing stairs.  My feet hurt when I get out of bed in the morning signalling the worsening of plantaar fasciitis.

So, gotta get to bed as a new adventure begins tomorrow. Meeting a friend bright and early to run!

Happy Canada Day to my fellow Canucks!

Have a safe and happy Independence Day weekend to my friends here in the U.S.!

- Kareen, RD

No comments: