Saturday, January 30, 2010

Pick Me Up!

I'm learning that sometimes it's okay to do something special for yourself when you're feeling down. As you know, I have been fighting that overwhelming feeling of despair as the scale stays stubbornly fixed at my starting weight.

So, I'm moving forward and while I haven't lost weight I have worked hard and watched my diet consistently for 4 months. Hey, I even have a SparkPeople Consistency Award to prove it! So I'm going to reward that effort. Just thinking about it has lifted my spirits already!

Due to my weight gain, my beautiful wedding ring set doesn't fit anymore. I've been at points where I can squeeze either the band or the ring on but not both and at the moment neither fit. And no, I don't need a ring to know that I'm married but it's nice to have! So, I'm looking for a temporary replacement. Nothing expensive; something pretty that I can look forward to wearing without my ring finger turning blue.

When I find one, I'll post a picture.

Don't forget to recognize and reward your effort! Keep moving forward and success will follow. I have to believe!

Decide. Commit. Succeed.

- Kareen, RD

No comments: