Sunday, May 29, 2011

Tabata!

It was this workout that made me realize I need Crossfit in my life: 

Squats
Mountain Climbers (hate these!)
Jumping Jacks

As many reps as possible in 20 seconds. Repeat 8 times. 10 second rest between the 20 sec bouts of pain. One minute rest before moving onto the next exercise. Repeat the above for each exercise listed.That's about 15 minutes of pain. I was sore for a solid three days! I LOVE, LOVE that feeling. My body came alive!


I happened upon my local box while lost. What a happy misfortune! I made an appointment for my free workout and walk-through for that very afternoon. My coach was super-friendly and motivating. More encouraging was that the Crossfitters there at the time represented a wide range of fitness levels. Being the 'new kid on the block' will be humbling but everyone has to start somewhere.

I start with the foundation classes on Tuesday. So very excited!

- Kareen, RD

No comments: