Monday, June 14, 2010

Monday Pain

Every Monday starts off early. . . like 2 a.m. early. My husband has a long commute at the start of every week so he's out of the house before the thought of dawn enters the night's mind. I try to go back to sleep but, at my request, he calls me periodically to check in and I just have a hard time falling back asleep.

No matter how early we go to bed, getting up at 2 a.m. hurts. Eating right and working out on Mondays is a challenge.

Today I made a choice to eat on plan: according to Sparkpeople, my calories were spot on! Today I made the choice to workout at my new gym. Yep, I took the plunge and joined. I went to a Zumba class tonight and had a ton of fun!

I'm now home sweaty and tired but feeling wonderful because I accomplished the health goals I set for myself today.

Taking it moment by moment,

- Kareen, RD

No comments: