Thursday, February 25, 2010

This Week in Insanity

My fears were realized with Day 1 of Insanity. The Fit Test kicked my butt. My heart rate was higher than it's ever been (but still within my target). I took breaks, gave Shaun T. the evil eye and screamed at the television but I made it through!

Here are my Day 1 Fit Test Numbers:

Switch Kicks 70
Power Jacks 40
Power Knee 71
Power Jump 25
Globe Jumps 9
Suicide Jumps 13
Pushup Jacks 19
Low Plank Oblique 44

I've completed Days 2 and 3 now. What remains consistent is the intensity of the workouts. The warm-ups themselves are exhausting! Mercifully warm-ups are followed by a stretching segment before the actual workout begins.

Insanity is a true fitness challenge and I will be one proud insane graduate at the end of the 60 days!

Here's the plan for the week:

Sunday
Day 1 Fit Test [done!]

Monday
Day 2 Plyometrics Cardio Circuit [done!]

Tuesday
Day 3 Cardio Power & Resistance [done!]

Wednesday
Day 4 Cardio Recovery [not done...sleepy time]

Thursday
Day 5 Pure Cardio

Friday
Day 6 Plyometrics Cardio Circuit

Saturday
Day 7 Rest

Decide. Commit. Succeed.

- Kareen, RD

No comments: