Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Thursday

Happy Blessed Thanksgiving to you and your family!

Life can be overwhelming so I practice being thankful and content daily. What a better day to put my thoughts into words? Here's the quick and dirty list & then it's back to relaxing for me :)

1. Living with my husband full-time <3
 - For 18 months D and I only saw each other on the weekends. We lived in Arizona but he worked and lived in California during the week. I moved back to California in February after accepting a Clinical Nutrition Manager position at a new facility. It's been bliss. I love him.

2. Receiving a promotion
- Shortly after beginning my new job, I was promoted to Director of Food & Nutrition Services. What an honor and I'm thankful for the opportunity so early in my career! Since then I've worked 100+ hour weeks to open the facility and my sanity has been pushed to the edge but, by God's grace, I made it through.

3. Seeing family members
- My mom and dad came to visit at the end of April for 10 days and my brother visited in September for a week. Good times.

4. Celebrating six years of marriage
- I said it above but I'll say it again. I love him <3

5.  Surviving two moves
- We moved from AZ to CA over the course of a month on the weekends. Yuck. Six months later we then received a notice that the condo we were renting was being sold and we had a month to move. Yay. I'm happy that we found something we like at a reasonable price.

6. Taking control of my health
- I discovered raw vegan around this time last year and it's changing my health. I'm excited! Food has the power to heal.

Of course there's more but those top the list.

What's topping your thankful list?

- Kareen, RD

No comments: